My latest creative project is this custom order of potholders. The customer sent me the pattern (Grandmother’s Sammy ‘N Mammy Pot Holders) and told me that she plans to use them for decorative purposes rather than actual use as potholders. She ordered three sets and I just finished this first set. I am going to send her some pictures of these to see if she wants me to make any changes for the other two sets. The potholders are made with worsted weight yarn, are double sided and are quite thick. I enjoyed making them although the pattern was not very detailed so I had to guess on some of the parts. The pattern also called for thread, but we used yarn instead.
Here’s a picture of the back of mammy.
The pattern called for a different color on the back which I did – But my personal preference would be to have the back the same color as the front. I think I would also do something different for the eyes if I was designing the pattern. I guess I will see how the customer feels about it.